Department of Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineers are much in demand in India specially Diploma Engineers from house to companies every where there is a necessity of electricity to function, offering numerous opportunities to diploma electrical engineers.
These engineers can work in atomic power plants, hydel or thermal power plants. Job opportunities are ample in both private and public sector like railways, civil aviation, electricity board and utility companies, electrical design and consultancy firms and all types of manufacturing industries.
There are many modern tern in which a diploma engineers in electrical engineering can switch his/her career for future aspect like micro electric system, smart grid, wireless power transfer, solar energy etc.
There are so many companies like ABB, Bajaj International Pvt. Ltd., Crompton Greaves, Simens Ltd., Reliance Power Ltd., Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Bharat Heavy Electrical (BHEL), Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL), Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (PGCIL) are the biggest employers hiring electrical engineers.
Electrical department will strive to empower students with excellent technical knowledge and practical skills to meet the challenges of the industry and the society.
- To provide quality technical education through continuous faculty training and industry institute interaction.
- To develop and create technical ambience in the department with latest infrastructure facilities.
Program Educational Objectives(PEO)
- Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solutions to Electronics and Telecommunication engineering related broad-based problems adapting professional ethics.
- Adapt state-of-the-art Electricals engineering broad-based technologies to work in multi-disciplinary work environments.
- Solve broad-based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Electrical Systems:Maintain various types of Electrical and allied systems..
Program Outcomes (PO)
1 . Basic knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, sciences and basic engineering to solve broad-based Electrical engineering problems.
2. Discipline knowledge: Apply Electronics and Telecommunication engineering knowledge to solve broad-based Electrical engineering related problems.
3. Experiments and practice: Plan to perform experiments and practices to use the results to solve broad-based Electrical engineering problems.
4. Engineering tools: Apply relevant Electrical technologies and tools with an understanding of the limitations.
5. Communication: Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
6. The engineer and society: Assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to practice in field of Electrical engineering.
7. Environment and sustainability: Apply Electrical engineering solutions also for sustainable development practices in societal and environmental contexts.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles for commitment to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the practice also in the field of Electrical engineering.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as a leader and team member in diverse/ multidisciplinary teams.